Wednesday 8 September 2010

Garden coffee sack chair covers


I am so excited to have a garden in the new house and one of the first house purchases has been a wooden table and chair set. The chairs definately needed seat covers but I couldn't find anything i liked within budget so I had the idea of recovering boring seat covers. I picked up 4 cheap and dull covers for under £10 from a local hardware shop and went to my local coffee roasters to ask for a couple of old coffee sacks. I made a template for the covers by simply drawing around the cushion pad. I sealed the cover up by sewing a row of buttons to the top of the cover - this will mean that i can easily wash the covers if they get left out in the rain - very likely! The great thing about using coffee sack hessian is that firstly it is free (& recycling) and secondly it is really hard wearing and durable. I think my next task will be to make matching placemats for the table.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it’s a nice one, I have been looking for. Thanks for sharing such informative stuff.
    recycled plastic furniture

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete