Thursday 23 September 2010

Nigella Lawson's Devils Food Cake (from her new 'Kitchen' recipe book)


At the request of my husband and brother in law 'Devil's food Cake' was picked for tonight’s pudding.

The recipe has fairly sensible quantities of ingredients for something which aesthetically gives the impression of being very extravagant and luxurious. The recipe is very easy to follow and the clarity of the instructions is very good. I can’t quite discern why but the language/articulation of the recipe feels different to her other books; overall i guess it is slightly more user friendly and practical.

My brother in law is a big M&M's fan so these also got added onto the cake at the end; personally I think white chocolate curls or something like minstrels would look good on the cake but colourful M&M’s it is for this occasion! We have lots of guests over the next couple of days so I hope the cake lasts longer than just tonight so they can try it!




No comments:

Post a Comment