Monday 30 April 2012

Project deckchair - bird print fabric (Martha's nap time project #1)



Today during Martha's lunchtime nap I made a new cover for my deckchair. It was surprisingly easy to make and I used the old cover to get the correct size. I purchased the lovely grey bird fabric (Berkeley Square -Lime) from CallyCo in Cambridge. Even though the fabric is upholstery weight fabric i wanted to give myself extra piece of mind that it would stand up to heavy and perhaps weighty use so i backed the fabric with a plain linen. Now i need to decide whether i should paint the frame? white? grey? any ideas?!


I am also setting myself a challenge of each week completing a project during Martha's nap time.....this is project #1! Next week: Drum lampshades 

********************************

So today (12 May 2012) I decided to paint the deckchair with Farrow and Ball Old white No.4 (mostly because i still had some left over from the dresser project) 

 Here are the results:



No comments:

Post a Comment