Saturday 21 July 2012

Martha's car

This weekend (sorry this was actually written in may!)I have been particulary overwhlemed by the generosity and kindness of both strangers and friends. Perhaps it's the good spirit of the bank holidays combined with the joy of celebrating the jubilee that has made people really community minded.
Our church organised a big lunch and I was amazed at all the people that came from the neighbourhood. It was wonderful to talk to neighbours from all faiths and backgrounds; the world is so much better when people show interest and concern for each other. 
Then some close friends out of the blue offered to babysit, so my husband and I got a much needed evening out. It was lovely for someone to offer and made me feel really cared for. 
The third 'happy' incident was That i got talking to a neighbour who offered Martha a little tikes toy car for the garden. Martha loves these so much but I hadn't been able to find one cheaply so it was such a blessing to be given one for free! Martha was a bit upset when she realised it has to live outside so perhaps we can make her a mini garage. I wonder if she can start building up a no claims bonus for her car insurance!

1 comment:

  1. I think that is among the most vital info for me. And im satisfied studying your article. However wanna remark on few general things, The site style is perfect, the articles is really nice :Pretty nice post. Intellux I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly loved browsing your blog posts. After all I'll be subscribing on your feed and Im hoping you write once more soon!http://www.supplements4help.com/intellux/

    ReplyDelete