Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Christmas stocking



I know it's only October but all the lovely Christmas fabrics in the shops have inspired me. I found this Christmas Dove  fabric in Dunelm Mill (new to Cambridge) for just £3.99 a meter. The green fleece lining is a blanket I also found in Dunelm for £1.99. This is going to be Martha's stocking so I wanted it to be both cosy and practical and the fabrics really work for this purpose. I used the stocking tutorial on The Eternal Makers blog as a guide and it was really easy to follow(10 out of 10!). The stocking took well under an hour to make so i was able to make it during Martha's nap (and  still do the washing up!)- an important requirement! 

1 comment:

  1. Thats a gorgeous stocking - my little girl would adore it. May have to pinch the idea. Thank you. Came over from the blog hop. Xx

    ReplyDelete